Clothing is extremely important as it is both reflective of and conducive to your state and mood. Dressed in a professional suit you automatically exude an aura of influence and authority, impacting those around you as well as yourself. Clothes empower you to express your agenda and personality. Studies show that we form opinions and judgments in only 3 seconds, thus clothing serves as nonverbal introduction and communication. Dressing well makes you feel confident, attractive, and put-together, your attire will motivate employees and coworkers to respect you, firms to hire you, and women to date you. The king of Hollywood and revered fashion icon, Clark Gable learned to dress and impress while living in Portland. Clothing stores here offer quality and excellence befitting A-listers.
Portland is a tax free hub and panacea for men’s clothing. You need not be a king or actor to luxuriate in personalized service. Portland clothing stores offer convenience,selection, attention and unparalleled assistance. Fashion may be art but here you will be furbished like a priceless masterpiece. Men from all over the country devoutly make the pilgrimage to this fashion mecca to embrace and learn the stylish art of manliness.
Confer with an image consultant to guide you on the proper fit, colors, textures and patterns to best accentuate your assets. Realize that price and value are two entirely different things and that a strategically selected wardrobe will last for many years. When you purchase the right items, you won’t need a ton of clothing, and you will leverage the most out of your investment. While shopping in Portland enjoy world class professional assessment while intelligently saving on tax and designer name brand pricing. Here are some tips to keep in mind.
- Bypass clothing that is too tight or too short, this will not flatter you (specially if you are not lean)
- High collars can create the illusion that you have a short neck; be mindful of collars and colors
- The torso can be shortened and/or narrowed by belts, bows, and collars
- Scarves that hang towards the legs, make legs appear longer, however the proper style needs to be selected to avoid looking feminine
- Thicker vertical lines in plaids lengthen and slenderize as well as darker colors
- An ensemble of a pin-striped suit, blue shirt with white collar and cuffs along with a red tie denotes power and authority (studies also show that women are attracted to men in red as opposed to other colors)
- An ensemble of a solid brown suit and a neutral color shirt and light tie conveys trust, humility and openness
- Tasteful cuff links will show others that you are thorough and mindful of details
- Use silver colored cuff links with blues, blacks and grays
- Use gold colored cuff links with browns, taupes and tans
- Examine the quality and texture of fabrics, ensure that these don’t stretch too much
- When in doubt stick to the good old faithful white oxford shirt
- Be open to suspenders (women absolutely love these, the visual patterns have a subliminal effect)
- Always tuck your shirt in and please stand up straight (this helps you look up to 15 pounds thinner)
- Leave ribbed clothing to the Europeans, if you must only use ribbed socks (or the other menswear best suited for the bedroom)
- Forget about thick shoulder padding it does NOT make you look more muscular
- Keep jackets at the correct length, i.e. under your buttocks
- Three button blazers are slimming, you can get away with only buttoning the middle button
- Determine how much you’ll spend on an item based on how long you can wear it, use discount stores for clothing that will only last one season
- Be prepared with a list of items needed before so that you won’t be tempted to buy something only because it’s on sale
- When selecting an item see if you can match it with at least three other pieces in your wardrobe
- Combine two solids with one pattern. Dark navy suit, white or light blue shirt and a striped tie
- Accessories such as handkerchiefs, gloves, glasses, tie pins, and even umbrellas provide an additional touch of finesse
- Cuffless slacks make you look taller and slimmer
- The sleeves of your suit should just reach the base of your thumb, only showing a half an inch to an inch of your shirt
- As a general rule of thumb make sure that you can fit two fingers into the waist of your pants, otherwise you will feel uncomfortable
While in Portland maximize your shopping experience and enjoy the historic Alphabet District. This area consists of two main sections NW 24th Ave to NW 2nd Ave and NW Vaughn St. to W Burnside St. Experience lovely parks, cafes, bars, spas, salons, boutiques and specialty retail shops. Discover which Portland clothing stores offer an old style barber shop, club room, massage chairs, shoe shines, dry cleaning and superlative personalized attention known as the home of distinguished men. Crocs may be gone with the wind but your imminent magnetism is just about to begin.