Portland shoes are a very important and strategic foundation for men’s style. Whether wearing a business suit, tuxedo or jeans, shoes need to provide comfort and durability. It is this very comfort that will empower men to always put their best foot forward. This article will provide tips ranging from the proper coordination of color schemes to the best care and maintenance for shoes.
1. Matching Portland Shoes With Pants
- Navy pants look best with darker shades of brown, reddish brown, or black.
- Brown pants will fare best with shoes that are just as dark as the pants. Browns, dark tans and black work best with brown shoes.
- Green or olive pants should be worn with brown, bordeaux or black in order to create a clean look.
- Gray colored pants look terrific with camel, gray or black colored Portland shoes.
- Khakis, dockers or chinos work great with brown, or black shoes.
- Black pants should really be worn with black shoes in order to have a flawless look.
- White pants work well with earth tone colored shoes.
- Jeans are the most flexible and forgiving as you can easily wear brown, black, tan, camel, or grey. You can always wear sneakers with jeans.
2. Match Your Portland Shoes With Belts
Always make sure to color coordinate your belt to the color of your shoes. The exception here would be one of those multi-colored belts, in which case you are probably wearing jeans and crocs.
3. Know Your Exact Shoe Size
When purchasing Portland shoes it is absolutely crucial to know your correct size. Even if you think that you know your shoe size, ALWAYS try the shoes on, to ensure maximum comfort. You may in fact want to measure your own feet. Your feet can swell in the summer months because of the heat. Additionally, your feet may actually become wider, specially if you spend a good deal of time walking around barefoot. You can measure you own feet by tracing each foot onto a piece of paper that is taped to the floor. Using a tape measure or ruler will assist you in getting a perfect size to account for the length and width of your feet.
Portland Shoes Measurement Charts
|U.S. Men’s Shoe Size||Inches|
|U.S. Men’s Shoe Size||C Narrow||D (Medium/Standard)||E Wide|
3. Matching Portland Shoes And Socks
While some experts say that socks should be matched with pants and others say they should be matched with Portland shoes, we advise you to always match the socks with the color of your shoes. Women do pay close attention to this as it shows manly style savvy.
4. Caring For Shoes
Make sure to clean your shoes with saddle soap before you ever polish them, otherwise you can damage the surface by rubbing dirt into the polish. Use a brush or cloth to properly clean these and avoid neutral-colored polish as this produces a lower quality shine. Always match the polish and shoe color to guarantee the best quality shine. Also make sure to invest in cedar trees to keep the shape of your shoes and absorb moisture which can warp the shape with time.
To see an excellent assortment of quality Portland shoes, visit Este’s Men’s Clothing Store located at 1633 Northwest Glisan Street, Portland, OR 97209. For any questions call (503) 227-0275 or visit http://estesmensclothingportland.com. Write us and let us know your questions about Portland shoes.
Portland Shoes – Tips For A Stylish Look